2LO began broadcasting from Magnet House
in the Kingsway, but quickly found that these premises were
not satisfactory. In 1923 the British Broadcasting Company
moved into part of the Institution of Electrical Engineers
building in Savoy Hill and a full range of radio activities
were undertaken. This book traces these early years, until
the British Broadcasting Corporation moved to Langham Place.
Over sixty photographs, room layouts and maps complement a
piece of historical research into the birth of a British institution.